Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays
Happy Holidays

Saturday, April 18, 2009

In a Nutshell

I figured that I wasn't going to spend the time posting all that I wanted to post in separate posts so I'm putting it all into one. Enjoy!! None, however will be in order from date.

First of all - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO GRANT AND I... We made it to our 2 year mark. Wahoo! As I look at the past 2 years, it's gone by crazy fast. Neither of us can remember what we did for our last anniversary. I'd say sex probably, but at that time I was miserably pregnant, so who knows. 1st trimesters blow. This year we had Grandma and Grandpa Bay watch Hudson and we went to dinner and a movie. It was nice. We weren't even going to do that because on Thursday we were going to celebrate it. We went and saw Wicked. But that's another topic. I'll get back on track... So, what I wanted to say was: I love Grant so much. He is the BEST thing in my life and I don't know what I'd do with out him. He supports me in everything that I do and want to do. He pushes me to be better every day. He tells me I'm perfect every day. He makes me laugh every day and I think that is so important. I couldn't have asked for a better husband and father to my son. He takes care of the two of us better than I could have imagined. He is the best around. I wake up with a smile on my face every morning knowing that he is mine, and take comfort every night that he is there lying next to me to keep us safe. I know that he will protect our family and do whatever needs be, to keep us safe.
ARE YOU FEELING WICKED? This last Thursday we went and saw Wicked. Thank you Kim for camping out in the blistering cold in December for our tickets. You're the best. And you're crazy, but for me it was worth it for you to camp out. I love plays and musicals and it was so fun to go. I'm so glad we sucked up and paid the money to go see it. We both really liked it and now listen to the soundtrack. Grant didn't like how the story was changed a little from the movie, but still loved it. I hope you all got a chance to see it. If not, I hope one day you do. It was really really good.
HAPPY EASTER - This Easter we went to Bear Lake for the weekend with Grants family. We went up on Thursday evening with Grants sister Brook and her family. It was really fun to just hang out with her, Jason and the kids. Grant took up his xbox which got everyone addicted (especially Parker who is 4. Not sure that was a good idea). I took up all my 100 cookie cutters, food coloring, and decorating tools. Taylor, Parker, and I decorating sugar cookies. I took them up with the intention of doing Easter cookies, but they they wanted to do dogs, airplanes, letters, gingerbread men, etc. So the only Easter cookies there were the ones that I did. It's ok though. It got Parker away from the xbox for a little while and gave us all something to do. I thought for sure the weather was going to be bad and there would be snow everywhere, but there wasn't any. So we were able to go play on the play ground and run around. It was great.



Parkers ginger bread man.. Completely covered in blue frosting and sugar sprinkles.



The final product. It was pretty fun.

Easter morning, Hudson and I went to look for his Easter basket. I got a season of Las Vegas, and Grant got the first season of Chuck (we're both addicted), but Hudson received books, movies, music, and a stuffed animal that plays music.

The Zoo! Today, we went to the zoo with my brother Jon, his wife Laura, and little Kate, as well as my sister Melissa, and her new baby Sam. It was pretty fun. We bought a season pass so we could all go whenever, and go see the Halloween stuff as well as Christmas stuff. Grant loves the zoo so I think it'll be pretty fun. Last time I went I didn't have hat or anything for Hudson so he kept getting in the sun. This time we came prepared.
And of course, we had to go on the ferris wheel. I woke him up to go. He had fun. He was kicking away on the elephant. Laura has some wake cuter photos of us on it, so I'll have to post them whenever I get them. I hope soon, or I'll forget.

Sunday Dinner - So, I'm preparing to make dessert for dinner tomorrow. I bought a bunch of strawberries from Costco this week so I figured with help from my brother Jon that I would make strawberry shortcake. I went and bought one of those bundt cake pans so I could make some angel food cake. Everything is going good. I was amazed how angel food cake mix mixes. It's crazy. So anyways, I get it mixed, in the oven. 15 minutes later I start smelling something burning. I turn on the oven light and BAM, my cake is overflowing completely and burning on the bottom of the oven. It's a mess. I look at the box and it says "Do not use Bundt cake pan or angle fod pan that is smaller than 10"x4", or batter will overflow". I did see that warning, but I checked my pan and I didn't see any measurements. Since my cake was overflowing, I decided to rummage thru the garbage to find the package that it came with. The measurements for my pan are: 9 3/4" x 3 3/8" .. What the heck! Are you kidding me? I bought the largest pan there and it's off by that much? And my kitchen smells horrible! Ridiculous. So here is what my cake looks like. I had to cut thru the top overflowing layer to get a bottle thru it so I could hang it upside down to cool. Ridiculous. I've never had smoke coming out of the oven before on anything that I've made. It's so embarrassing. And Grant just sat and laughed at me.


Now I have to figure out how to clean an oven. Lucky me!

2 comments:

Mike and Lisa said...

It sounds like you guys have been busy. And...happy anniversary!

Alicia said...

haha. the cake makes me laugh, especially the grant-laughing-at-you part. haha.

Happy Anniversary!! Love you guys!