So Grant and I have been dreading this stage in Hudsons life for a while. His cousins his age switched to a 'big boy' bed when they turned 1. Not us. No way. We have kept him in his bed as long as possible. I guess we could have kept him in the crib even longer because he hasn't figured out how to climb out. However, he gets a little upset sometimes when he is stuck in there. I feel for him. On the other hand, I need some sanity too right? I can't just let the kid run around whenever he wants to. Well, last night we decided to try out the toddler bed. His crib is a 3-in-1 so it's a real easy switch. I highly recommend this kind of crib also. Saves the trouble of buying another bed for him. But any ways, Hudson did really really well. We've decided that he is not the type to have you sit in there with him until he falls asleep. Grant sat with him in his room for over an hour trying to get him to calm down and lay down. Hudson thought it was a game daddy was playing with him. So cute. Eventually Grant left the room, Hudson cried for 5 minutes (not getting off his bed by the way) than fell asleep. This morning when he woke up he didn't get off his bed. He sat and hung out, played with his stuffed animals until I came in and got him. Amazing. And for his morning nap, he just layed down and is sound asleep.
I have to say it has worked out so much better than I was anticipating it being. I hope it stays like this. I know he's going to eventually get up and all that but I hope he goes to sleep this easy still. How could I not love this kid. He may be a little rambuctious, but what kid isn't? He's my little angel with an adrenalin rush.
All is well here. I'm attaching a picture of Hudson and Grant taking down the Christmas lights yesterday. I figured since the weather was so nice we should work outside. I pulled weeds while Hudson ate and threw dirt. Grant took the lights down with a little help from Hudson. And no, Hudson on the ladder with Grant did not make me nervous. What did make me nervous was when he got on top of the roof and tried to run around like Daddy. Ya, that was a little nerve racking and I put a stop to it pretty quickly.

2 comments:
Congrats on the big boy bed. That is great that he adjusted so well!
Grant let him run around on the roof? Oh my word. I probably would've had a heart attack.
Post a Comment