Hudson turned 2 years old on November 8 this year. It is so amazing how fast he has grown. I hate to say it, but...I remember when he was just a baby. Well kind of. The past 2 years has taken a toll on my memory and I definately don't remember the things that I thought I would. I thought for sure I would remember every little thing that has happened. Man, was I wrong. However, I did remember to throw him a birthday party. We had family over for dinner, pin the tale on the donkey and some yummy Shrek cake. We had a Shrek themed party and I had tons of fun making the cake. It's a good thing I have a kid so I have an excuse to get my creative juices going so I can make a cool cake. Shrek isn't exactly like the movie character but I think he's pretty close.
Here's the picture that I went off of.
And the cut out begins to take shape.
And the end product. Not exactly the same, but not bad for NEVER making anything like this before.
Trevor trying to find Donkey after Grant moved it to the other door and higher up. He was pretty off.
One happy boy.
2 comments:
How fun that Hudson and Jaxson are birthday buddies! I hope that he gets feeling better VERY quickly!
Cute cake! I'm sad I missed his party. Where was I? I don't even remember. Hudson looks so happy in all of these pictures!
Post a Comment