Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays
Happy Holidays

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hudson Update and Other News

Well it looks like Hudson has a dairy allergy. We went with out dairy for about 3 weeks and everything was great until he had ice cream last Friday. Now he has an ear infection. It effected him that night poor kid. He slept horrible that night than woke up with a fever and crusties in his ear. At least it drained because normally it doesn't even do that. As hard as it is to figure out what to cook for dinner now, I'm so thankful that it is not a life threatening allergy. Some people throat closes up on them when they eat certain foods. He gets stuffed up and an ear infection. I think when he gets older it will work itself out, but until than...No dairy for the little man. He loves rice milk so at least he can have that.
As for other news, when Hudson had a bad reaction to his anti-biotics a few weeks ago he developed some spots on his legs. We watched them for a couple weeks but they didn't seem to go away. We finally took him into the pediatrician but he had no idea what they were. He drew blood and did some tests but they came back normal. So we were sent to the dermatologist, but he also had no idea what they were. So he cut one of the bumps off and sent in for a biopsy. The results were pretty good. The bumps are none cancerous, thank goodness. He has a "skin disorder" called, Granuloma Annulare. It is not dangerous and no one knows why or how it is caused. The bumps do not hurt or irritate Hudson so that is a good thing. They should go away in time, but I think they'll flare back up again one day. We're giving him a steroid cream for a couple weeks to try and help them go away. We just started it yesterday so we'll see what happens.
This kid has been rung through the ringer it feels like to me. Some days I just feel so helpless. I know these aren't serious conditions, but I just feel so bad for him. Through all of these doctors visits and medications he has been such a good sport. He is such a happy and playful kid. He's always laughing, teasing someone, or jumping around. He is so fun to be around. I think getting the bump cut off kind of traumatized him because he is so nervous around people now. It is sad that others can't see is personality. He does start warming up after a while, but it is taking little while.
As for Grant and myself, the stress of Hudson has been hitting me hard so I decided to put school on hold until Hudson is better. He is a higher priority than school. My stress level was way to much for all of us to deal with I think. Grant is still in school and doing great. He handles stress so much better than I do. That's just one of the many reasons that I love him.
Grant and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary last week. It is weird that it has been 4 years already, but at the same time it feels like we've been married forever. I love Grant so much and he is such a great Dad. It is so fun to watch Hudson light up when Daddy gets home and how they run around the house tackling each other. I wonder however if they tackle each other too much because Hudson is starting to think he can tackle anyone. Kids imparticular. Sorry to all the kids out there. Hudson really isn't a bully, he just likes to rough house. But all in all, I wouldn't take the last 4 years back for anything. I love Grant so much. I don't know what or where I'd be with out him.

1 comment:

Mike and Lisa said...

Poor Hudson! At least you know what is going on now, and hopefully he can start feeling better.

Happy anniversary to you and Grant!