Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays
Happy Holidays

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hiking

I have lived in Salt Lake my entire life. I've gone on a handful of vacations outside of Utah, but I've gone up the street from where I live to see the most MAGNIFICENT scenery ever. Yes, I've gone hiking before up the Cottonwood Canyons, but a hike like this? Not likely. All the hikes I've been on were walks on a dirt road...Lame. I never understood why people enjoyed hiking...Until now. Grant told me about the Bells Canyon hike. Oh my heavens this hike rocks. Grant and I tried to do it on Monday, but we had Hudson and it about killed us carrying him.

We only made it half way up the trail, then needed to turn around cuz Hudson was done with the pack. He was tired and hungry so we just decided to leave.

Today however, we hiked up to the waterfalls. The plan was to go to the 2nd reservoir, but we were pretty tired and my older brother who was nice enough to spend his Saturday watching Hudson so we could hike this probably didn't want to spend his entire day with him so we turned around. We were gone about 4 hours on the hike. Kim came with us and it was a blast. It was the hardest, funnest hike I've been on and the results were amazing. Thanks to Kim to add a little excitement by almost sliding down the mountain. We were lucky enough to get most of it on video. We didn't catch her actually falling down, but struggling to get up was entertaining. She was covered in mud. So funny. I know that sounds cruel that we filmed it, but she was ok. If she wasn't we would've been right there to save her precious life. I'm attaching some of the views of the hike. Amazing. I couldn't believe it. One of these days in the near future we're going to hike the entire hike, up to the 2nd reservoir. I feel like I cheated by not doing the entire hike, but I felt horrible leaving Hudson with my brother on his day off for the whole day. He was wanting to go play golf and we all know how important golfing is right?


The hike was beautiful if you couldn't tell. We started at 9:00am and was at the waterfall taking pictures and eating lunch around 11:00. Hiked down and home around 1:00 I think. I recommend this hike to all of you. It was so great. I now have a different outlook on hiking.

2 comments:

Kimba Lance said...

Don't worry that I just spent 10 minutes trying to remember my login name. WOW. Um Basically the hike was awesome. I am glad my sliding down the mountain and almost dying was entertaining. I seriously have slivvers I can't get out.

Coco said...

Kim told me all about how the roots in the mud saved her life. I need to see the video you have of it hahaha kthxbye