The day after we got home from Jackson we took off on a road trip to Dallas, Texas to see Grants family. The oldest Grandchild of the family was getting baptized, and what better reason to go down there right? So, Grant, Hudson, myself piled into his sister Brooks Ford Excursion and made the 26 hour drive. Now, keep in mind that she has 4 kids of her own as well that were in the car. Taylor(6), Parker(4), Bryson and Caydon(7 months at the time). Yes, we had 3 babies in the car. It was insane. Every seat was taken. We had toys all over the place to keep the kids occupied, the dvd player was running about half the time. Babies jabbering, sometimes screaming. Most of you know what it is like on a road trip with a baby. Just times it by 3. But you know what, it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. We left Wednesday night at 9:00, so the babies slept all night for the most part. During the day we stopped for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and twice to let the babies out to play on the ground to waste energy. We arrived Thursday evening at 11:00pm. I've never taken that long of a road trip before, and it is crazy how you just lose an entire day. I drove mostly at night and got myself reattached to Dr. Pepper again. But we were able to spend a few days with Grants sister who I never ever see, and his brothers family who I also never see. I've decided it is really hard to marry into a family when half of them don't live by you and try to develop a close relationship with them. I'm not a phone talker so it is hard to get to know someone. But I love his family. They are so great to me and I'm so glad that we were able to go down there with them and spend time with them. It was so much fun. Us girls took off one night and went to the Rascall Flatts concert. We left all the kids with Grandma, Grandpa, and the dads. It was so nice.
Thanks Brooke, if you read this for letting us pile in your car to make the journey. I had a blast and it was fun to hang out with you for the long trek.

Here is Hudson and Parker swimming at the community pool. It was so nice to go swimming. I'm not used to the humidity at all.

Here is 4 of the 5 boys all born this last winter. From left to right: Hudson, Bryson, Caydon, Easton. We're missing Sam in the photo who was the 4th to be born out of the 5. Bryson and Caydon were the twins born right before Hudson and Easton was born at the end of December. It's so fun to see all of them together sitting and fighting over toys.

Daddy and Hudson coming back from the pool. Hudson loves riding on Grants shoulders. He holds onto Grants hair so he doesn't fall back. It's so cute.

Me and the girls. Kaylynn on the left is the one who got baptized. Taylor on the right and Lilly in the front. They're such cute girls. They are all so sweet and have the sweetest spirits.

Oh, this is me after driving all night on the way home. At this point I had drank an entire rockstar and was so wigged out and bored I couldn't help but take the camera out and start snapping photos. All night in darkness while everyone slept.

I saw a lot of this, but it was so amazing and beautiful. All the windmills kind of creeped me out. I tried to get photos of them but whenever we drove past a windmill farm it was dark, hense no pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment