Until... we decided to go on our one vacation just us 3. The one that has been planned for a few months now. Lake Tahoe. Such a pretty place. Grant had never really been there so we were excited to go. The first day we get there, Hudson falls off the table. I had him in his high chair on the table while I put some food away. He's playing and what not, kicks himself backwards off the table hitting his head. Great right? We decide to just see if he acts any different because I'm sure he is ok. The entire day he is fussy, irritable, and crying. That night he sleeps in incraments of an hour at a time. The longest stretch was 3 hours. By the next morning(Saturday, July 4) Grant and I are so tired we take turns watching Hudson so we can sleep. I start researching head injuries for babies and we decide that his attitude and everything just isn't right so we need to take him in. We try a clinic but they won't see him and they direct us to the ER. Well, to put it brief, the nurse she thinks he's fine. Gave him some IB Profen for the pain and tylenol for his fever. The doctor said they need to do a CT Scan to make sure there is no internal bleeding. CT scan came back fine thank goodness. But he probably just had a major headache the whole day after he fell and his ear infection was inflamed still. The doctor didn't want to write a prescription because Hudson had already been on 2, and said to call his pediatrition to get one called in. We decided to just wait the weekend out and see how he does before we call our doctor. I felt bad calling over the holiday weekend, even though I shouldn't have worried about it. But whatever. We got back to our condo about 45 minutes before the fireworks went off and Hudson was so tired, but he was a good sport about staying so we could at least see that part. Sunday was fun. Ww thought we were good now and his ear was doing better. We drove around the lake which took about 3 hours and he had a good time. He got sick of being in his car seat, but that's to be expected of course.
Monday, Hudson had a 102.2 fever so we decided to call the doctor. They would not call a prescription in because his fever was so high. So now what? Go back to the ER and have them write one? Ya right. I'm not spending another day sitting in an ER in hopes that they write one. I guess I could've called, but I was so beyond frustrated that it wasn't worth it. Grant and I decided that it wasn't worth have Hudson in pain while we tried to enjoy a vacation so we packed up and came home 4 days early. Hudson slept 7 out of the 9 hours and slept the entire night once we got home. He woke up Tuesday with no fever and has seemed fine ever since which is good. It just sucked we had to come home early.
Since we've been home he's gone in twice this last week for two shots of anti-biotics and I still don't think that's really helping. Maybe a little but not completely. Yesterday and today he has seemed kinda fussy and not happy and he puts his hands up to his ears a lot, but he hasn't had a fever so that is good.
Here are some pictures of Lake Tahoe. Most of them are from driving around the lake since that is all we did. When we were ready to leave and said we had to go play on the sand for at least 5 minutes so that's what the pictures are from. Better luck next time I guess.
Our first night here. We took a stroll on the beach for about ten minutes with Hudson in the stroller.


The 3 photos above are while we were waiting for the fireworks. Doesn't Hudson just look miserable? I felt so bad for him that night.
Emerald Bay. Reportedly the most photographed spot. I believe it. It is just gorgeous. The lake is so blue and beautiful.


Right before we left, I got to take out the $5.00 bundle of sand toys from Walmart. He enjoyed them for about 5-10 minutes than was done.
No comments:
Post a Comment