Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays
Happy Holidays

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What a Night!

Grant and I thought it would be fun to go down town last night and go to the Energy Solutions Arena. They had a free event with music, singing, and special guest John Schmit who I love. I think everyone in town wanted to that as well. The place was packed. We couldn't find a seat any where so we left. We decided to go see the lights at Temple Square instead. We didn't mind since we've wanted to see them all month any ways. Well, that place was jam packed. I know what you're thinking "well duh, it's the week of Christmas and it's the lights at Temple square." For some reason I forget how packed it is all the time. I wanted some peace. I really was hoping for a nice stroll to see the beautiful lights that people put so much time into doing. We quickly walked the place while fighting with all the strollers and people randomly stopping in the middle of the walk way so you have no choice but to run into their heels (one of my pet peaves by the way). So, we loaded up in the car to go home when Grant menitoned we should go see Christmas Street up on 1500 East and something South. We never made it completely. At this time it is after Hudson bedtime. It's about 8:30 and he's whining and so forth. We calmly kept telling him to just go to sleep. Ya right. So we're driving a long and all of a sudden Hudson starts throwing up. ALL OVER THE PLACE! It just keeps coming. Grant barely got the car stopped before I jumped out to get Hudson. The straps to the car seat are covered and slippery so I'm struggling to get him out. Poor little guy was as pale as could be and couldn't control what was going on obviously. We waited for him to stop and I got him out and he just layed his head on my shoulder. I felt so bad for him. We got his clothes off for the most part and back in the car to come home. We aren't quite to the freeway, when he starts again. This time it is just liquid type stuff since all the food is already gone. I jumped in the back through the seats and tried to keep him clean the rest of the way home. I might have to throw away Grants sweatshirt after last night.
Once we got home, Hudson got a bath and basically collapsed on my lap he was so tired. By this time it is 10:00pm. He then woke up at 2:00 hungry. He got a bottle and slept. At 4:00 he was hungry again. I gave him a little bit of bread and water and with in 2 minutes it was on the floor. What a rough night. It was so sad to listen to him moan all night. It was obvious that he didn't feel good, but if we were in the room he wouldn't lay down so we had to just leave him in bed for the most part.
Today is good so far. He ate breakfast fine, lunch fine, now he's napping. I don't know what happened last night, but it was so sad.
We put our best effort into going out as a family last night, but it did not turn out as planned. That's for sure.

2 comments:

Kimba Lance said...

WOW...That just gave me anxiety!! Poor little guy. Hope he is doing better now.

Mike and Lisa said...

Poor Hudson! That sounds like quite the night. I am glad that he is doing better!