Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays
Happy Holidays

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Wait is ON

One week until this baby is out of me. Am I excited? Of course. Am I dreading delivery? Of course. Recovery? Of course. But once all that is over, I can work on getting our lives back to the new normal. The thought of having another baby is crazy. Changing diapers again, carrying around a carseat and diaper bag loaded with all sorts of stuff. But I'm excited.
Today was my last day of work for a while. I was trying to go all the way, but I just couldn't do it. Enough was enough. My body was in pain sitting in my desk and I was so exhausted when I got home I couldn't do anything. I think I'm starting a "nesting" period I realized this weekend. I have finally had a second to breath and was able to think of all the things I want to get done. The last trimester has been easier than the first two. Not that it has been easy, but easier.
Hudson has been absolutely AMAZING through this pregnancy. He is one sensitive little boy. He gets so concerned about me if I am in pain. He tries to help me up from the couch, he'll help me walk if I'm struggling. He asks every day how I feel and gives me a hug and kiss if I don't feel good. When I'm crying for whatever reason, he gives me a big hug, wipes my tears from my face and tells me "It's ok Mom. Be happy ok?" I swear he isn't three when stuff like this happens. I hope he stays so sweet.
I can hardly imagine loving another child as much as I love Hudson. Grant and I were talking about it the other day, and we are just hoping that everyone is right that your love just grows.
So the wait begins. I no longer have work to keep my mind occupied throughout the day. I'll hopefully continue to have the energy to go do stuff with Hudson and hopefully running around with Hudson will put me into labor so I don't have to be induced.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should know, but, is it a boy or a girl, or a surprise?

Jen and Grant said...

It's a surprise. So it's good that you don't know :)

Mike and Lisa said...

We are so excited for you! I hope that everything with the delivery goes well.