Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays
Happy Holidays

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my 24th birthday. It was a blast. My awesome husband through me the BEST Birthday Party. I should've taken some more pictures, but I didn't. Sorry. Grant had 2 different marinades for steak and 2 for chicken for dinner plus salads, chips, and drinks. We played Bocchi ball, croquet, and lots of laughter. It was a great way to start a holiday weekend. Thank you to all those who came, I had so much fun with you all. I know Grant tried really hard to get everyone there. I've attached a picture of my birthday cake. Yes, I made my own birthday cake. Some may question why on earth would I do that but for those of you who know how much I love to bake understand why I insisted with Grant that I take charge of this task since he wouldn't let me do anything else to help out. The cake below is a chocolate, mint chocolate ice cream cake with mint oreos all around. With, hot pink candles. The oreos didn't turn out as planned. I envisioned it a lot cooler looking, but it was still pretty dang sweet, and it tasted delicious if I do say so myself. This is one of my new favorite pictures of my little Hudson Bay. Thanks to his fantastic Daddy who always makes him laugh and smile.
P.S. Does anyone know what Darfin means? For some reason it's a word?

5 comments:

Lori said...

Darfin is totally a word!! It can mean a lot of things but my favorite way to incorporate it in a sentence is " that's Darfin dude!" Happy Birthday Jen!

Barbara Knaub said...

Looks like you had a good birthday! Happy birhday! Hudson looks so cute in that picture!

Kimba Lance said...

Darfin Douche Pickle!!

Mike and Lisa said...

Happy birthday, Jen! I hope it was darfin good!

For My Little Family said...

Just so you know, I made my blog private. If you want to be invited (Jen) send me your email. Mine is cass.parr@gmail.com :)