I finally have my beautiful little boy. Hudson Grant Bay was born on November 8, 2008 at 6:09pm. I've attached a couple pictures of him. I haven't taken very many because he has been in the ICU, but we've got a few. Hudson weighed in at 7 lbs 5 oz and 22 inches long. It is hard to believe that he is almost 2 feet long and was curled up somehow in my belly. He is the most handsome little guy in the world. Yes, I know, I'm biased but when he has his eyes open and is looking around, it is hard not to think that. There are so many things that I've learned this last week, and I've grown so much already by my experience as a mom. I'm sure I'm in for many more experiences that will be better than the ones before. If you want to hear about Hudsons big adventure to earth see below.
Labor:
I'm not quite sure how long I was in labor for exactly, but by the time I got to the hospital around 1:00pm Saturday afternoon, we delivered him at 6:09pm that night. Upon my arrival, the contractions were 6 minutes apart and I was hooked up to: 1) an I.V. 2) 2 different antiboitics (due to fever) 3) Patosin (speed the labor along even faster) 4) Epideral 5) Catheder. All of this was done with in the first hour of getting here. No one is really sure how long my water was broke for (I think since Thursday), but the nurse guesses since sometime Friday morning.
Pre Labor:
Thursday:
Thursday morning I started leaking fluid. It was clear like water. Since none of this has happened to me during the whole 9 months of labor. I went to the doctor at 1:30, I was tested for I'm guessing Amniotic Fluid and it came back negative. The doctor said, since I wasn't having contractions I shouldn't worry. He could still feel the sac so everything is fine. I leaked all day on Thursday.
Friday:
It didn't seem like I was leaking as much so when he called to check on me that morning I let him know it seemed that everything was fine and I wasn't having any contractions which is what he seemed worried about. Shortly after (about 45 minutes or less) I started leaking again. I watched it for a couple hours, than decided to call the doctor to let him know. When I called his nurse answered. I let her know what was going on and she told me not to worry about it if I wasn't having contractions. I leaked the rest of the day.
Friday night I started having contractions. They weren't constant so I decided I would wait and see what happened over night.
Saturday:
I leaked all Friday night. I was pretty panicky by Friday night, and even worse by now. I ate breakfast, than Grant and I decided to just go straight to the hospital. All morning my stomach was in a cramp and my stomach was hard as a rock. So do contractions last for an hour straight? Who knows. I drove to Bay Way to pick up Grant, then we went to the hospital and it all starts from there. When we arrived I had a fever, hence the antibiotics.
NICU:
Since I had a fever when I got to the hospital, and who really knows when my water broke Hudson was "blessed" with an infection. He was born at 6:09, and by 11:00 he was put in the nicu to start his anti-biotics. That night he ended up on oxygen because he couldn't eat and breath at the same time. He was on oxygen until Monday night. Tuesday morning he was put under the "suntanning bed" for jondus. He's been under them since then. He's got the coolest goggles though. I have a picture of that. It's awesome.
So he was put in the NICU on Saturday night and will be for at least 7 days. So I think that takes him to Friday morning or something like that. Hopefully we can go home on Saturday or Sunday. We're hoping and praying for that. He has been improving so so much and I think he'll be able to go off the lights tomorrow. Cross your fingers.
Well, I can't think of anything else to say. The story could go on, but this post is pretty freaking long and I'm pretty sure the nurse is going to call be to go feed Hudson soon so I should probably take a rest. We've been staying at the hospital on Hotel saty so we can stay here closer to Hudson and I can be here to feed him. He's due to wake up soon. It's been 3 hours.
Over and Out.
3 comments:
Congratulations! He sure is cute. I hope that all goes well and that he is able to come home very soon.
That wasn't an article Jen Jen Jen!!! He is so adorable. I am glad I got to hold him already. Can't wait for you guys to get home already:) Love You!!
What a sweet little boy! I am so excited for you and Grant. I hope that Hudson has a speedy recovery and that you can take him home soon!
Post a Comment