Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays
Happy Holidays

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baby Update & Than Some

I had almost my last doctors appointment yesterday. Hopefully it's my last at least. It was a good appointment. Doc says I'm dialated to a 3 and 80% effaced. Wow right? 10 days ago I was dialted to a 2, so I'm definately progressing. The doc says he wouldn't be surprised if I delivered this week. He really seemed confident that I wouldn't make it to my next appointment this next Monday. I sure hope he is right. I'm getting pretty uncomfortable. But it's exciting.

I talked to my boss today, and tomorrow is my last day. I've decided that it will be nice to hopefully get a couple days of rest and relaxation in before the baby comes. I'm thinking if he comes this week, it will be this weekend so having Wednesday be my last day of work gives me Thursday and Friday to chill. Maybe I'll get my bags packed for the hospital. That'd be nice.

I was approached by my boss and another manager at work this last Friday and they've asked if I'd be interested in working from home after the baby comes. That's pretty hard to say no to. So after Wednesday (tomorrow) I'll be taking a leave of absence since I'll most likely take longer time off than regular maternity leave. They are aware that I won't be back until after the New Year. I'm excited to have the holidays off. That hasn't happened for quite a while. Granted we'll have less of an income during the holidays because of it, but we'll make it work. So after the baby, I'll be working part time from home. It'll be interesting and a new adventure that's for sure.

No comments: